Tuesday, August 4, 2009

So uh...I gave my midpoint presentation last week. I followed the Varner Design principles of powerpoint: everything in a title, lots of pictures, using words, having links to actual information, and being able to show/conduct/explain all the calculations when asked. I also tailored the presentation to not have too much technical data because I was told the bigwigs wouldn't care too much about the little numbers not related to money. This meant keeping Excel and such open to show the actual mechanics of what I've done.

Feedback? Manager said my slides were "very informative and artistic, but not very technical. Don't be afraid to show bar graphs, line graphs, and/or bullet points during the final." To which I almost said "I know. That was the point. That was also what you advised. And how am I supposed to show visual representations/comparisons of NUMERICAL data with no NUMBERS or basis for comparison?" But I held back. I usually hold back a lot of my thoughts here to not make people feel upset about how dumb I think their thoughts are.

Just thought you guys would like to see how I've used my Design skizzles. Apparently everyone did like how everything looked awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment